FAYETTE COUNTY, W.V. (LOOTPRESS) – Adventure Days, a series of outdoor events to engage youth and families, is back and will be hosted by Active Southern West Virginia (ASWV) in various location across Fayette County this summer.
This June and July, Active SWV will be providing a youth agility course activity at different locations as part of Adventure Days in the Park, an initiative hosted by The Adventure: Fayette County Committee of the Fayette Prevention Coalition.
The program is eight weeks long and will run on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from June 8 to July 29.
ASWV is currently looking for volunteers to help facilitate their Adventure Days youth agility course on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Courses will be set up at the Fayetteville Town Park from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and the Mt. Hope Roadside Park from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Tuesdays. It will be set up at the Midland Trail Community Center from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and the Smither Gateway Center from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Thursdays.
Active Southern West Virginia agility course facilitators may operate courses alone or with another volunteer or ASWV staff member.
Volunteers will be asked to do the following:
- Undergo a 45-minute zoom training session with Active SWV to go over how to best facilitate the youth agility course
- Arrive 30 or so minutes early to allow for set-up time
- Set up and break down the agility course in whatever space is provided
- Collect all signed Active SWV permission forms from the check-in area at the end of the session
- Keep a sign-in sheet and record the name of each child who participates in the agility course
- Take pictures of the event when you’re able
Course setup is simple, and ASWV will supply volunteers will all the necessary tools and equipment.
Those interested in volunteering can select their available dates and sign up here.
Questions pertaining to Adventure Days can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.