(LOOTPRESS) – Sweet Transit, a unique city builder where the railway is king and trains are the sole means of transportation, has announced a brand-new early access update for new and current players.
Quaint villages will expand to bustling cities, farms to industrious factories, and steam-powered rail to combustious diesel… and beyond in this interconnected, train-driven world.
Team17 and Ernestas Norvaišas have today announced that Sweet Transit, the train-powered city builder by the ex-Factorio 3D artist and developer, has released its second update: ‘Forging Forward’.
With the new update, players can enjoy expanded stations with multiple platforms for even more creative creations; explore a detailed and easy-to-use blueprint library through which they can share their masterworks with others, and take on 20 unique challenges with varying difficulties including track merging, signaling, bridge building and many more, designed to introduce newcomers to the game and test the nous of veteran engineers.
Home to a world where the railway is king and trains are the sole means of transportation and expansion, Sweet Transit sees players use these mighty iron horses to build new settlements, create intricate production lines, and grow humble villages into thriving metropolises while moving through distinct eras such as the introduction of steam power and the invention of the combustion engine.
In addition to new content, Forging Forward also adds a variety of quality-of-life improvements to the game, including a quick build ‘Undo/Redo’ action, allowing players to easily fix their mistakes; steel bridges with corners for extra architectural opportunities; and additional mid-game balancing.
Sweet Transit’s key features include:
• Systems-led city builder: Starting with a single warehouse, build a thriving interconnected world of villages and cities as you expand your rail network and evolve your society
• Customizable rail network: Construct platforms and stations linked by intricate railway routes to help connect settlements and ensure a painless transit for both workers and civilians
• Evolve your industry: From steam to diesel, play through distinct eras of the railway and plan the most economical expansions using the technology at your disposal
• Be a person of the people: Keep a close eye on your citizens and ensure their needs are met as you expand your routes and scale up your settlements
• Full modding support: Create custom content via Steam Workshop, including structures, locomotives, in-game rules, progression markers, and graphics
Sweet Transit is now available to purchase in Steam Early Access.
Founded in 1990, Team17 Digital is a leading developer, video games label, and creative partner for developers around the world.
Part of Team17 Group plc, which floated on AIM in 2018, Team17 Digital has an extensive portfolio comprised of over 120 titles and fully encapsulates the spirit of independent games. Team17 Digital’s portfolio of multi-award-winning and award-nominated in-house brands includes Hell Let Loose, Golf With Your Friends, The Escapists, and the iconic Worms franchise, alongside its games label part
ner titles, including the award-winning games Blasphemous, Greak: Memories of Azur, and Overcooked! franchise. Visit www.team17.com for more info.