BECKLEY, WV (LOOTPRESS) – For the second consecutive year, Beckley Water Company has announced the conclusion of its student entry calendar contest, an initiative that continues to inspire young minds across Raleigh County.
The contest, which welcomes students from pre-k to twelfth grade in Raleigh County, encourages participants to employ various forms of art to depict the company’s chosen theme.
This year’s theme, “The Three R’s: Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle,” resonates with the growing need to protect our environment.
Amidst the backdrop of heightened environmental awareness, these young artists rose to the occasion, submitting their creations for a chance to feature in the company’s annual calendar, distributed to Beckley Water customers.
From the many impressive entries, the panel of judges has selected the 13 winners who will grace the pages of the upcoming 2024 calendar.
These young talents, divided into four age categories, displayed their understanding of the “Three R’s” and its significance in preserving our natural resources.
Notably, each age category produced three winners, joined by an additional cover page winner who creatively encapsulated the theme’s essence.
The chosen student winners are as follows:
- Cover: Ava Williams with “Thumbs Up for Saving the Earth”
- January: Kiara Simmons with “Save the World”
- February: Kent McInnis-Wood with “Earth Day”
- March: Dakota Everette with “Be Good to the Earth”
- April: Candice Farley with “Protecting the Earth is in Our Hands”
- May: Madeline Garrison with “Help the Earth”
- June: Joseph Murphy with “West Virginia Stocking”
- July: Kaitlyn Slemp with “The 3 R’s”
- August: Kali Pannell with “Wilderness Retreat”
- September: Skylar Harris with “The Earth Needs You”
- October: Penelope Marks with “Save the Earth”
- November: Dakota Henry with “Three R’s”
- December: Vanessa Gunnoe with “Stopping Pollution is the Best Solution”
Adding to the excitement, Liberty High School emerged as the Grand Prize School, garnering this recognition due to the outstanding number of entries received.