HILLSBORO, WV (LOOTPRESS) – Monongahela National Forest invites everyone to join them for beautiful scenery, classic cars and music at the Cranberry Mountain Nature Center’s Scenic Drive Day on Sunday, June 4.
Join the caravan and take a drive or pack a picnic and enjoy viewing cars on display.
- 11:45 a.m. – Meet at Richwood City Hall for the classic car scenic drive from Richwood to the Cranberry Mountain Nature Center with other car enthusiasts.
- 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. – Classic cars on display at Cranberry Mountain Nature Center. Cars entered for judging must be at the nature center from 12:45 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- 1 p.m. – 4p.m. – Music by the Black Mountain Bluegrass Boys.
Prizes will be awarded in several categories.
Cranberry Mountain Nature Center is open Thursdays through Mondays, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays).
The nature center features a display area with live snakes, wildflowers, interactive children’s displays and animals of West Virginia. There is also a nature store with books, clothing and toys.
A live snake presentation occurs most Sundays at 1 p.m. Additional upcoming events include:
- June 24 – Native Orchid Tour
- July 29 – Cranberry Fun Day
- September 24 – Cranberry Shindig
For more information about the Nature Center and its programs, please call 304-653-4826.