CHARLESTON, W.V. – Charleston Mayor Amy Shuler Goodwin today announced nineteen businesses have been awarded Small Business Investment Grants. The funds awarded totaled $161,496.
“We are thrilled to award over $160,000 in grant monies to small businesses throughout our Capital City,” said Mayor Goodwin. “Businesses will use these funds for construction projects, equipment, marketing and signage.”
Businesses that were awarded include:
- Baskin Robbins ($10,000)
- Blue Ridge Art Corporation ($10,000)
- Crescent Counseling Group LLC ($3,600)
- Danny’s BBQ Stand ($9,069.48)
- Good Shepherd Child Development Center ($10,000)
- Greater WV Dog Training ($6,100)
- Kanawha City Yarn Company ($10,000)
- Lee Street Lounge ($10,000)
- Lee Street Parking LLC ($5,708)
- Leonoro’s ($10,000)
- Petit Jewelry Design ($8,894.10)
- Piggly Wiggly ($10,000)
- Sharp Insurance Agency ($5,400)
- Simon Painting Services ($9,754.42)
- Sniviac ($8,760)
- State Street Properties ($10,000)
- TD Land Company LLC ($10,000)
- The S’waffle Shack ($10,000)
- The Wine Shop ($4,300).
The scoring committee, comprised of Andy Backus (Mayor’s Office of Economic & Community Development), Tim Brady (Charleston Convention & Visitors Bureau), Todd Dorcas (The Greater Kanawha Valley Foundation), Christy Elliot (Truist Bank) and Alex Schnulo (Northwestern Mu-tual), looked for projects that would enhance the image of Charleston either physically or socially, help maintain or increase current customer base or strengthen a small business’ sustainability.