BECKLEY, WV (LOOTPRESS) – The Raleigh County Community Action Association works to provide assistance to at-risk community members each Christmas season and is seeking individuals similarly invested in helping those in need.
The RCCAA has announced an extensive need this holiday season and will be working to assist those in need of housing, food, utilities, and more.
Details regarding local need this season as announced by the Raleigh County Action Association can be seen below, and additional LOOTPRESS coverage for Raleigh County can be found here.
“Calling All of Santa’s Helpers
Raleigh County Community Action Association is calling all Santa’s Helpers to assist with supporting our at-risk populations this holiday season.
Each year, RCCAA serves upwards of 8,000 people with shelter, meals, transportation, crisis intervention and so much more.
There are many families right here in Raleigh County, including our Early/Head Start children, struggling with core security issues such as housing, food, utilities… and, providing Christmas to their children.
When you support Raleigh County Community Action Association initiatives, your gift will connect our families and their children with basic needs and fulfill Christmas wishes.
Here’s How You Can Help Sleigh the Day
According to Crystal Alonso, RCCAA executive director, Santa’s Helpers are needed to Sleigh the Day.
“We need your assistance to fill every crevice of the sleigh with all the things that can make these families’ lives merrier and brighter.
“We have seen this community’s commitment to serving others, especially in times of need. That is why we are asking you to be a part of this special day of giving,” said Alonso
Sleigh the Day
Saturday, December 17th
11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Emergency Housing Center
103 S. Eisenhower Drive
Sleigh The Day Gifts Kids
Unwrapped gifts and toys for children between the ages of infant to 18 years old will be accepted on Dec. 17th and all the way through Dec. 23rd.
“Thank you for remembering our older children as well,” said Alonso. “They appreciate gift cards for food, music, movies, games and clothes.”
Financial donations are accepted and can be made by visiting www.rccaa.org/sleightheday.
“We have whole families that need the support of our community this time of year. If you wish to adopt a family, please call (304) 252-6396 for more information,” Alonso added.
In-person donations are accepted Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 111 Willow Lane, Beckley.
Families in need:
1. Girl, mom, and 6 yr. old sister
2. Girl, mom, 18 yr. old sister, 11 and yr. old sister
3. Girl, grandma, 8 yr. old sister, and6 yr. old sister
4. Boy, mom, dad, 8 yr. old brother, 6 yr. old sister, and 6 yr. old brother
5. Boy and his mom
6. Boy, mom and dad
7. Girl, mom, 7 yr. old sister, 5 yr. old sister, and 2 yr. old sister
8. Boy, mom, and 6 yr. old brother
9. Girl, mom, and 7 yr. old brother
10. Girl, mom & dad
11. Boy, mom, dad, 11 yr. old brother, and 8 yr. old sister
12. Girl, mom, dad, 1 yr. old brother, and infant sister
13. Boy, mom, dad, 12 yr. old sister, 10-yr. old sister, and 7 yr. old sister
14. Boy, mom, 17 yr. old sister, and 13 yr. old sister
15. Family: mom, dad, 7 yr. old boy, 5 yr. old boy, 6 yr. old girl, 4 yr. old girl, 3 yr. old girl, and 2 yr. old girl
16. Family: mom, 10 yr. old sister, 4 yr. old boy, 3 yr. old boy, 2 yr. old boy
17. Family: 16 yr. old boy, 10 yr. old girl
18. Family: 11 yr. old boy, 5 yr. old boy
19. Family: 10 yr. old, 11 yr. old and 4 yr. old girls
20. Family: 11 yr. old boy, 8 yr. old girl
21. Family: 10 yr. old girl
22. Family: 1 yr. old
23. Family: 3 yr. old girl
24. Family: 6 mo. old girl
Children’s Wish list
- 4 y/o Girl: O.MG. Fashion Doll (Hair Edition), Monster High Doll, CareBear Plush, Art Set, Royal Ballet Fashion Doll (Tiara), Doll Clothes, Miraculous Lady Bug (Doll), Scooter or Bike
- 11 y/o Boy: Hot Wheel Cars, Monster Jam trucks, Adventure Force Fire & Ice Set Track Set, Ultimate Dino City Garage, Plush Dinosaurs, Scooter or Bike, Race Tracks, Art Set, Jurassic World, Tablet
- 10 y/o Girl: Skates, Bike, Stuffed Red Panda(Turning Red), Monster High Dolls, Costume for dolls, Barbie Dolls, My Little Pony, Karmas World Singing Doll, Art Set, Tablet
- 5 y/o Boy: Spidey and Friends, Blues Clues, Paw Patrol, Peppa Pig, Thomas the Train Track, Lego Blocks, Vtech Toys
- 4 y/o Girl: Tea Set, Kitchen, Kitchen Set, My Life Doll & Clothes, Minnie Mouse Doll, CoCoMelon Toys, A pony/horse, Lego Blocks, Vtech Toys, Art/Paint Set, Telephone, Barbie Dolls & Clothes.
- 10 y/o Girl: OMG Dolls & Toys, Art Stuff, Barbies, Instastax Camera, iPod, Tablet
- 10 y/o Girl: Room Pictures/Décor, Art Stuff, Stuffed Animals, Instastax Camera, Ipod, Tablet
- 16 y/o Boy: Air Pods, Under Armor Hoodie, American Eagle Hoodie, Tablet, Ipod
- 3 y/o Girl: Baby Dolls, Barbies, Baby Clothes, Baby Alive, High Chair/Stroller for Babies, Stuffed Animals, Bike
- 1 y/o Baby Boy: Any Learning Toys, Play Mats, Baby Toys
- 6 month old Girl: Learning Toys, Play Mat, Baby Toys
- 11 y/o Boy: Hot Wheels Toys, Tablet, Monster Jam, Race Tracks, Legos, Bike
8 y/o Girl: Bike, Barbies, Barbie Clothes, Tablet, Camera Central
Head Start Girl (+ mom, 6 yr old sister)
Unicorn toys, books, size 5/6 clothes, size 12 shoe; 6 yr old – gift card Marquee Cinemas, size 6/7 clothing
(Family also needs personal hygiene items and household cleaning items).
Head Start Girl (+ mom, 18 yr old sister, 11 yr old sister)
Baby dolls, size 4/5, size 10 shoe; 11 yr old – gift card to Walmart, 14/16 clothing; 18 yr old – gift card
(Family also needs personal hygiene items and household cleaning items).
Head Start Girl (+ grandma, 8 yr old sister, 6 yr old sister)
LOL dolls, size 6/7 clothes; 8 yr old – Claires gift card, size 8/10 clothing; 6 yr old sister – art/drawing set, size 6/7 clothing
Head Start Boy (+ mom, dad, 8 yr old brother, 6 year old sister)
Mickey Mouse toys, cars/trucks, action figures, size 6/7 clothes. 6 yr old sister – Barbie, journal/drawing supplies, size 6/7 clothes. 8 yr old brother – art supplies, Beyblade, Pokemon, size 8/10 clothes.
Head Start Boy (+ he and his mom)
Monster trucks, action figures – size 6/7 clothes, shoe size 11
Head Start Girl (+ mom & dad. infant brother)
Cars, Minnie Mouse, 4T clothes, size 8 shoe. Infant brother – 3/6 month clothes, infant toys
(The family is starting over and moving from a hotel and into an apartment, they need household furniture such as twin bed and kitchen supplies as well).
Head Start Girl (+ mom, 7 yr old sister, 5 yr old sister, 2 yr old sister)
4/5T girl, 8c shoe; 7 yo girl- 7/8 clothes, 13c shoe; 5 yo girl- 5/6 clothes, 10c shoe; 2 yr. girl- 2T clothes, 7c shoe. Baby dolls for 2, 4, and 5 yr olds, coloring/drawing for 7 yr old.
Head Start Boy (+ mom, 6 yr old brother)
Monster trucks for both boys, size 5 boy clothes and size 6/7 boy clothes)
Head Start Girl (+ mom, 7 yr old brother)
Art set, size 5/6 girl clothes, 7 yr old brother – cars/trucks, size 7/8 boys clothes)
Head Start Girl (+ mom & dad)
Barbies, size 6 girls clothes
Head Start Boy (+ mom, dad, 11 yr old brother, 8 yr old sister)
Monster trucks, size 5/6 clothes, 11 yr old – remote control car/truck, size 12 clothing, 8 yr old – Claires gift card, size 10 clothing)
(Dad has been in intensive care for a while, family could also use a gas card)
Head Start Girl (+ mom, dad, 1 yr old brother, infant sister)
Princess toys, size 5/6 clothes, 1 yr old brother – 12/18 month clothes, toddler toys, infant sister – Walmart gift card to buy what they need)
Head Start Boy (+ mom, dad, 12 yr old sister, 10 yr old sister, 7 yr old sister)
Remote control car, hunting/fishing (size 6 in clothes and 11/12 in shoes). 12 yr old girl, 10 yr old, and 7 yr old girl – Claires gift cards
Head Start Boy (+ mom, 17 yr old sister, 13 yr old sister)
Paw Patrol or Thomas the Train toys (size 5 shoes, size 8 clothes), older sisters gift cards
Early Head Start
Family 8 (mom, dad, 7 yr old boy, 5 yr old boy, 6 yr old girl, 4 yr old girl, 3 yr old girl, and 2 yr old girl)
Boys – Marvel action figures, monster trucks, cars/trucks, football/basketball. Girls – baby dolls, Barbie, art/drawing sets
Family 9 (mom, 10 yr old sister, 4 yr old boy, 3 yr old boy, 2 yr old boy)
Boys – action figures, cars/trucks – size 4/5, 3T and 2T clothing, 10 yr old sister – Claires gift card, size 10/12 clothing
Lastly, here is a list of everyday items that the RCCAA Housing Stabilization program needs on a regular basis.
- Hygiene products
- Underwear of all sizes
- 3 X Large clothes
- Large cans of food
- Pop top cans of food (street outreach)
- Laundry Pods
- Cleaning supplies
- Gift bags for the clients
- Furniture (anything needed to start housekeeping)
- Christmas DÉCOR!!
These items can be dropped off at RCCAA Central office at 111 Willow Ln., or the Emergency Housing Center at 103 S. Eisenhower Dr. Beckley.
For more information, visit: www.rccaa.org/sleightheday “