(LOOTPRESS) – Rogue Ascent VR, the roguelike sci-fi shooter built for hand tracking gameplay, today has launched on the Meta Quest Store for $24.99.
Meta Quest Store (available for purchase at 10am PT): https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/5395586720470296/
Official Launch Trailer:
Toss your controllers aside and fight your way through a hostile space station to save Tiamat IV from the Argonauts’ HAVOC Superlaser in an immersive sci-fi adventure spanning multiple action-packed levels and boss arenas.
In Rogue Ascent VR, the combat system uses ultra-precise hand tracking. You’ll find weapons, gain perks, and craft upgrades, all while using a fully intuitive hand tracked combat system.
Use finger guns to blast enemies, shield yourself from enemy fire with two fists, or trigger an ultimate ability with the close of a palm.
Gameplay is fast-paced and adrenaline pumping, and with neon visuals and a layered dynamic soundtrack that changes based on gameplay decisions, Rogue Ascent VR remains unique run after run.
Each level features new mission objectives, unique character interactions, and new gadgets and abilities. Combine the skills learned from previous levels with powerful weapons to defeat unique bosses and compete to be top of the online leaderboards.
Developed by Nooner Bear Studio and published by Clique Games, Rogue Ascent VR is high-quality, innovative, and cutting-edge VR experience like never before with gameplay that provides familiarity and nostalgia for lovers of roguelike games.
Players experience high octane gameplay, procedural maps and objectives, boss battles, a distinguishing art style and more.
“All humans have a desire to play, in one way or another. And as the creators of Rogue Ascent VR, we believe that those who choose VR for their “play” should be offered the very best, most innovative experiences possible,” said Jordan McGraw, CEO of Nooner Bear Studio. “Rogue Ascent offers a replayable, addicting, fulfilling experience you can talk about with friends and other players in the community.”
Rogue Ascent’s Twitch integration enables streaming communities to engage directly with players in game.
The audience can help (or hinder) a streamer’s run by spawning items, throwing confetti, and even hiring bounty hunters! Everything is customizable, so it’s up to each streamer to choose what their viewers can and can’t unleash.
- Hand Tracking – Dash past enemies with an outstretched hand and quickly turn that hand into a laser blaster to finish the job. Once enemies return fire simply raise your fists to engage a deflective energy shield.
- Easy to Learn – You’ll feel the rush immediately as your hands quickly adapt to the simple gestures that guide Rogue Ascent.
- Fight with Style – Get creative with your kills and have fun exploring the new frontier of VR shooters.
- Endless Possibilities – Discover and combine countless weapons, attachments, abilities, gadgets, perks, and powerups.
- Intuitive Combat – Fight your way through diverse biomes, each with their own challenges, enemy types, and secrets to discover. Enter the ring against a cast of unique and challenging bosses as you ascend to the final confrontation at the bridge.
- Express Yourself – Choose between five unlockable classes, each with their own unique stats and abilities. Converse with your team between levels to receive special upgrades and insight.
- Community – Adapt your strategy to beat your personal bests and reach the top of the online leaderboards. Join the Rogue Ascent community and engage with your favorite streamers as they show off their skills with built-in native Twitch integration.