CHARLESTON, WV (LOOTPRESS) – West Virginia American Water announced today that applications are now being accepted for the company’s 2021 Firefighting Support Grant program. Firefighting Support Grants are intended to provide financial assistance to fire and emergency organizations serving communities in the company’s designated service areas.
“Our hardworking, dedicated fire fighters and first responders serve on the front lines daily to protect our communities throughout West Virginia,” said Robert Burton, president of West Virginia American Water. “As an active member of the communities we serve, our team is honored to support fire departments and emergency management agencies through this grant program. For many years, this program has provided the funding for equipment and training needed to protect our families, friends and neighbors.”
Now in its eighth year, the Firefighting Support Grant offers funds to purchase emergency gear, lifesaving equipment, training materials and essential firefighting apparatus. Since 2013, West Virginia American Water’s Firefighting Support Grant program has awarded 113 grants totaling over $91,000 to fire departments and emergency management agencies across the state.
To qualify, applicants must provide a letter of application, which includes the following information:
- Contact information including name, email address and phone number
- Description of the organization(s) seeking support, including fire company name, address of fire company and county in which the fire company is located
- Overview of the specific project to be funded
- Grant amount requested (maximum $1,000)
- Problem/challenges that the project will address
- Timeframe for implementation of the project
- Summary of budget and other funding sources being approached for support of the project
- In addition to the letter of application, a completed W-9 form should be included.
Information and application requirements can be found on the Firefighting Support Grant page of the company’s website. For additional information, please contact Bradley Harris, External Affairs Specialist, at Bradley.Harris@amwater.com or 304-340-2087. Applications must be emailed or postmarked by Thursday, July 15 and recipients will be notified in August.