CHARLESTON, WV (LOOTPRESS) – To show its continued commitment to community fire protection and local emergency management services, West Virginia American Water announced today it is accepting applications for its annual Firefighting Support Grant Program.
“Investing in our fire departments and emergency management agencies enables first responders have the lifesaving equipment and training they need to keep these important services flowing in our communities,” said Robert Burton, president of West Virginia American Water. “Our team is enhancing safety across West Virginia by continuing to provide resources for our local firefighters through this grant program.”
Since the program’s inception in 2013, West Virginia American Water’s Firefighting Support Grant has awarded 113 grants totaling over $93,000 to fire departments and emergency management agencies across the state.
To qualify, applicants must provide a letter of application, which includes the following information:
- Contact information including name, email address and phone number
- Description of the organization(s) seeking support, including fire company name, address of fire company and county in which the fire company is located
- Overview of the specific project to be funded
- Grant amount requested (maximum $1,000)
- Problem/challenges that the project will address
- Timeframe for implementation of the project
- Summary of budget and other funding sources being approached for support of the project
- In addition to the letter of application, a completed W-9 form should be included.
Information and application requirements can be found on the Firefighting Support Grant page of the company’s website. For additional information, please contact Bradley Harris, Senior External Affairs Specialist, at Bradley.Harris@amwater.com. Applications must be emailed or postmarked by Friday, July 15 and recipients will be notified in August.