CHARLESTON, WV (LOOTPRESS) – The West Virginia State Police conducted enhanced patrols from Tuesday, September 5th, 2023, through Thursday, September 7th, 2023.
The following are the results of citations issued and arrests made during these three days.
The WVSP thanks all motorists in our state who are careful, courteous, and abide by the law, and we encourage everyone to comply for the safety of all drivers and passengers.
- No or expired Motor Vehicle Insurance: 239 citations
- Cell phone use while driving: 157 citations
- Registration violations: 148 citations
- No or No Proof of Insurance: 135 citations
- No seat belt: 115 citations
- Speeding: 111 citations
- Suspended operators: 50 citations
- Texting while driving: 39 citations
- Simple possession: 10 citations
- Revoked For DUI: 8 citations
- Child safety seat violations: 9 citations
- Other violations: 170 citations
- Motorists assisted: 9 vehicles
- Arrests: 13 People
- Misdemeanor charges: 21
- Felony charges: 2
- DUI arrest: 8 people
- Drugs confiscated estimated at $1200 dollars combined of meth and marijuana.