BECKLEY, WV (LOOTPRESS) – The Wyoming County Board of Education has announced a regional meeting to be held at the Beckley-Raleigh County Convention Center this weekend.
The meeting will take place at 10:00am on Saturday, May 13, 2023, at 200 Armory Drive in Beckley, WV. Topics of discussion will include emergency relief funds, authority and duties of county boards, and more.
The meeting agenda as released by the Wyoming County Board of Education can seen in full below.
- Highlights of New Legislation and Legal Developments Impacting Public Education
Provided by Bowles Rice LLP
- Fiduciary Duties of School Board Members Provided by Bowles Rice LLP
- Other Authority and Duties of County Boards – The County Board of Education Shall
- Exercise Such Other Authority and Perform Such Other Duties As May Be Prescribed By Law or By The Regulations of The State Board of Education
- Communities and Technical Colleges (the college presidents) To Provide an Update on Their Colleges and to Discuss College Going Rates in Their Communities
- Update on The Status of County’s Elementary and Secondary School Emergency
Relief Funds Provided By The West Virginia Department of Education