The Lootpress Player of the Week Award, sponsored by Bodyworks and The Law Offices of Brandon Steele, has returned for the boys and girls basketball season.
Below are the candidates for the 10th week of the girls basketball season. Voting will close Monday at midnight. The fan vote will be used in the event of a tie.
In order for a player to be eligible or nominated, the stat keeper or coach must report all scores throughout the week, win or lose. Scores can be reported to Tylerjackson@lootpress.com and Rustyudy@lootpress.com. Doing so is simple. All you need to do is take a picture of the official scorebook for both teams and send it to us.
- Maddie Stull, Princeton – Stull helped Princeton secure two wins this past week, none more important than Friday’s victory over sectional foe Greenbrier East. She scored 12 points and hauled in 19 rebounds to help the Tigers get back on track.
- Abby Russell, Wyoming East – Russell averaged 13 points across two games – wins over Class AAAA Princeton and Class AAA PikeView. The PikeView game was a turning point for the all-stater who played a season-high 30 minutes and scored 16 points after tearing her ACL on May 2.
- Adriana Law, Beckley – Law, after nursing some early-season injuries, has found her groove for the Flying Eagles. She averaged 16.6 points per game, helping Beckley to a 3-0 record.
- Adyson Hines, James Monroe – Hines helped the Mavericks to a 3-0 record averaging a double-double with 13.3 points and 11.3 rebounds per contest.
- Alyssa Daniels, Independence – Daniels averaged 20.5 points per game and pulled down 11 rebounds against Liberty, helping Indy to a 1-1 record this past week.
Cast your vote
2021-22 Player of the Week Winners
Week 1: Kierra Richmond, Shady Spring
Week 2: Kayley Bane, Wyoming East
Week 3: Meghan Gill, Midland Trail
Week 4: Maggie Stover, Summers County
Week 5: Daisha Summers, Greenbrier East
Week 6: Maddie Clark, Wyoming East
Week 7: Gracie Harvey, Summers County
Week 8: Cadence Stewart, Greenbrier East
Week 9: Hannah Perdue, PikeView