The regular season has concluded which means it’s time to vote for the final Lootpress Player of the Week award winner. Don’t worry, the Player of the Week awards and polls will return next month when boys and girls basketball resumes.
- Logan Dodrill (Liberty) – Dodrill capped a stellar regular season with another 200-yard rushing performance. Dodrill ran the ball 13 times for 209 yards. scoring two touchdowns in the win. On defense he had two tackles for a loss.
- Bryson Pinardo (Shady Spring) – Pinardo willed the Tigers to the playoffs with the best rushing performance of his career, carrying the ball 23 times for 147 yards and three touchdowns as the Tigers overcame a 20-7 halftime deficit to beat PikeView 40-26 and clinch a playoff berth. Pinardo also finished with 13 tackles, four of them for a loss.
- Jaylen Hall (Mount View) – Hall caught five passes for 153 yards and two touchdowns to lead Mount View to an 18-14 win over Greenbrier West on Friday. Both of Hall’s touchdown passes came from 55 yards out.
- Ryker Brown (Bluefield) – The Beavers QB continued his stellar stretch of play, completing 8-of-13 passing attempts for 176 yards and four touchdowns. The performance pushed Brown over the 1,000-yard mark and helped the Beavers secure a playoff spot for the fifth consecutive season.
- Tylai Kimble (Beckley) – Kimble sealed the deal for the Flying Eagles with his clutch fourth-quarter play. With Beckley leading 28-21 late in the fourth, Kimble scored from 15 yards out to give Beckley a 35-21 lead over South Charleston. For good measure he returned an interception 35 yards for a score with 1:12 left to account for the finals points in a 42-21 win. For the game he had 12 carries for 112 yards.
- Kaleb Clark (Nicholas County) – Last week’s POTW winner, Clark carried the ball just 10 times but picked up 190 yards, scoring four times in a win over PikeView.
- Monquelle Davis (Greenbrier East) – A week after scoring the winning touchdown against Princeton, Davis was sharp again, running the ball seven times for 66 yards, scoring three touchdowns. As a passer he completed six of his attempts for 132 yards, tossing a touchdown in a 61-22 win over Lincoln County.
Cast your vote for POTW!
The fan vote will be used in the event of a tiebreaker.