The Lootpress Player of the Week Award, sponsored by Bodyworks and The Law Offices of Brandon Steele, has returned for the boys and girls basketball season.
Below are the candidates for the sixth week of the girls basketball season. Voting will close Monday at midnight. The fan vote will be used in the event of a tie.
In order for a player to be eligible or nominated, the stat keeper or coach must report all scores throughout the week, win or lose. Scores can be reported to Tylerjackson@lootpress.com and Rustyudy@lootpress.com.
- Eli Allen, James Monroe – Allen had a monster week, averaging 21 points per game across three games notching triple-doubles in each contest. The Mavericks finished the week with a 3-0 record.
- Tanner Whitten, Wyoming East – Whitten was unstoppable in the Warriors’ lone game against Westside. He scored 28 points to go along with eight rebounds as the Warriors pulled out the win.
- Jaedan Holstein, Shady Spring – Holstein averaged 15.5 points and 14 rebounds per game as Shady Spring beat Parkersburg and PikeView this past week. The wins came by an average of 39 points.
- Jacob Perdue, Oak Hill – Perdue helped Oak Hill score its first win against Beckley since 1990 with 23 points on Friday. For the week the Red Devils went 1-1. Perdue scored 13 points in the team’s loss to Bluefield.
- Kendrick Wilson, Greater Beckley – Wilson added to his remarkable season with another standout performance. He scored 36 points against reigning Class AAAA champion George Washington, helping the Crusaders to an overtime win.
- Cyrus Goodson, Independence – Goodson helped Independence win its only game of the week with 17 points and 10 rebounds against Westside. The victory extended Indy’s win streak to three games.
- R.J. Hairston, Bluefield – Hairston averaged 21 points per game, helping the Beavers to a 2-0 mark this past week. They picked up wins against Oak Hill and Graham, Va.
Cast Your Vote Below!
2021-22 Player of the Week Winners
Week 1: Eli Allen, James Monroe
Week 2: Maddex McMillen, Beckley
Week 3: Chase McClung, Greenbrier West
Week 4: Kaden Smallwood, Greater Beckley
Week 5: Evan Colucci, Westside