The Lootpress Player of the Week Award, sponsored by Bodyworks and The Law Offices of Brandon Steele, has returned for the boys and girls basketball season.
Below are the candidates for the sixth week of the girls basketball season. Voting will close Monday at midnight. The fan vote will be used in the event of a tie.
In order for a player to be eligible or nominated, the stat keeper or coach must report all scores throughout the week, win or lose. Scores can be reported to Tylerjackson@lootpress.com and Rustyudy@lootpress.com.
- Kayley Trump, Mercer Christian – Trump helped the Cavaliers to a 1-1 record this week, averaging 21 points per game.
- Maddie Clark, Wyoming East – Clark was stellar for Wyoming East this past week, averaging 20.5 points per game as the Lady Warriors finished the week with a 2-0 record. Her 18 points against Logan helped the Lady Warriors topple previously undefeated Logan.
- Addison Isaacs, Midland Trail – Isaacs, a freshman, helped Midland Trail to a 2-0 record this past week. Along the way she averaged 19.5 points per game with 23 coming against Sherman.
- Gracie Harvey, Summers County – Harvey poured in 18 points as her Bobcats beat Trump’s Cavaliers 52-45 on the road this past week. For the week she averaged 14 ppg as the Lady Bobcats went 1-1.
- Adyson Hines, James Monroe – Hines had a monster game against Graham, Va., scoring 17 points and hauling in 20 rebounds for her fourth double-double of the season.
Cast your vote below
2021-22 Player of the Week Winners
Week 1: Kierra Richmond, Shady Spring
Week 2: Kayley Bane, Wyoming East
Week 3: Meghan Gill, Midland Trail
Week 4: Maggie Stover, Summers County
Week 5: Daisha Summers, Greenbrier East