The Lootpress Player of the Week Award, sponsored by Bodyworks and The Law Offices of Brandon Steele, has returned for softball and baseball season.
Below are the candidates for the sixth week of the season. Voting will close Monday at midnight. The fan vote will be used in the event of a tie.
In order for a player to be eligible or nominated, the stat keeper or coach must report all scores throughout the week, WIN OR LOSE. Scores can be reported to Tylerjackson@lootpress.com and Rustyudy@lootpress.com. Doing so is simple. All you need to do is take a picture of the official scorebook for both teams, or a screenshot of the gamechanger box and send it to us.
Teams reporting scores this week: Independence, Wyoming East, Greenbrier East, Princeton, Shady Spring, Beckley and James Monroe.
- Aubrey Glover, Greenbrier East – Glover hit .455, driving in five runs this past week as the Spartans went 2-1 ahead of sectional play.
- Savannah Brehm, Wyoming East – Brehm collected five hits, driving in nine runs. Two of her hits were home runs including a game-winning walk-off grand slam against sectional foe Bluefield.
- Olivia Barnett, Shady Spring – Barnett collected 13 hits and drove in 11 runs this past week for the Tigers across four games played.
- Bryleigh Thomas, James Monroe – Thomas batted .333 and drove in seven runs while also collecting a 2-1 record in the circle.
- Ava Mullins, Beckley – Mullins hits .600 this week and scored three runs with two of them coming against Independence. Her leadoff triple in the bottom of the seventh set the plate for Kayla Bird who drove her in with a walk-off single.
- Alli Hypes, Independence – Hypes collected three hits this past week and drove in six runs in a doubleheader against PikeView.
Cast your vote below!
2022 Player of the Week Winners
Week 1: Paige Laxton, Wyoming East
Week 2: Kayla Bird, Beckley
Week 3: Aubrey Smallwood, Beckley
Week 4: Paige Maynard, Shady Spring
Week 5: Emma Johnson, Princeton