The Lootpress Player of the Week Award, sponsored by Bodyworks and The Law Offices of Brandon Steele, has returned for softball and baseball season.
Below are the candidates for the seventh week of the season. Voting will close Monday at midnight. The fan vote will be used in the event of a tie.
In order for a player to be eligible or nominated, the stat keeper or coach must report all scores throughout the week, WIN OR LOSE. Scores can be reported to Tylerjackson@lootpress.com and Rustyudy@lootpress.com. Doing so is simple. All you need to do is take a picture of the official scorebook for both teams, or a screenshot of the gamechanger box and send it to us.
Teams reporting scores this week: Independence, Wyoming East, Greenbrier East, Beckley, Shady Spring, Westside, Bluefield and Greenbrier West
- Chase McClung, Greenbrier West – McClung collected a hit in all three games he played in this week, going 3-for-8 over with two home runs and two RBIs.
- Clay Basham, Independence – In a return from a knee injury Basham was 2-for-4 (.500) with a single and a triple, driving in two runs.
- Jacob Howard, Wyoming East – Howard hit .571 (4-for-7) across three games this week for the Warriors. He also hit two doubles and drove in four runs, scoring three runs. He also picked up a win on the mound.
- Danny Dickenson, Beckley – Dickenson scorched the ball, going 10-for-13 at the plate with three doubles, driving in 11 runs.
- Kaiden Vance, Westside – In a win against Mount View Vance was 3-for-4 with four RBIs and followed it up with a 2-for-3, two-RBI showing against Mingo Central.
- Tyler Mackey, Shady Spring – Mackey went 8-for-14 at the plate this week, hitting two home runs and two doubles, helping the Tigers go 2-2 in the final week of the regular season.
- Kerry Collins, Bluefield – Collins pithed a gem against Oak Hill, going five innings and allowing just one run. He was also solid at the plate against Graham, Va., going 2-for-2 with an RBI.
Cast your Vote!
2022 Player of the Week Winners
Week 1: Atticus Goodson, Independence
Week 2: Ryker Brown, Bluefield
Week 3: Jake Roshau, Greenbrier East
Week 4: Michael McKinney, Independence
Week 5: Logan Williams, Beckley
Week 6: Josh Lovell, Shady Spring