The Lootpress Player of the Week Award, sponsored by Bodyworks and The Law Offices of Brandon Steele, has returned for the boys and girls basketball season.
Below are the candidates for the eighth week of the girls basketball season. Voting will close Monday at midnight. The fan vote will be used in the event of a tie.
In order for a player to be eligible or nominated, the stat keeper or coach must report all scores throughout the week, win or lose. Scores can be reported to Tylerjackson@lootpress.com and Rustyudy@lootpress.com. Doing so is simple. All you need to do is take a picture of the official scorebook for both teams and send it to us.
- Adyson Hines, James Monroe – Hines averaged 9.5 points and 13.5 rebounds per game, helping the Lady Mavericks to a 2-0 record this past week.
- Sadie Boggess, Princeton – Boggess was stellar in Princeton’s return from a month-long hiatus. She averaged 15 points per game across three contests as the Tigers went 2-1. She showed out against sectional foe Beckley, scoring 23 points and hitting the game-winning 3.
- Abby Russell, Wyoming East – In her first two games back from an ACL tear that occurred in May, the all-stater scored 14 and 12 points, helping the Lady Warriors to a 1-1 record.
- Braylie Wiseman, Shady Spring – When Shady’s leader Kierra Richmond went down with an injury Wiseman stepped up. She scored 15 points and grabbed 16 rebounds, helping the Tigers to a 52-33 win over Nicholas County.
- Cadence Stewart, Greenbrier East – Stewart averaged a double-double this past week, scoring 36 points across two games and averaging 10.5 rebounds per game. Her contributions helped the Spartans sweep a pair of teams ranked inside the top 10 in Princeton and George Washington.
- Addison Isaacs, Midland Trail – Addison Isaacs averaged 20.6 points per game in Trail’s three games this week.
- Hannah Perdue, PikeView – In her only game of the week, Perdue poured in 27 points against Shady Spring as PikeView avenged last year’s loss in the sectional championship game. In the game Perdue also scored her 1,000th career point.
- Trista Lester, River View – Lester scored 31 points in a blowout win over Liberty, the only game the Raiders from McDowell County played this past week.
- Bailee Martin, Mercer Christian – Martin averaged 15.6 points across three games, helping the Cavaliers to a 2-1 record this past week.
Cast your vote!
2021-22 Player of the Week Winners
Week 1: Kierra Richmond, Shady Spring
Week 2: Kayley Bane, Wyoming East
Week 3: Meghan Gill, Midland Trail
Week 4: Maggie Stover, Summers County
Week 5: Daisha Summers, Greenbrier East
Week 6: Maddie Clark, Wyoming East
Week 7: Gracie Harvey, Summers County