With all of the Week 9 action wrapped up it’s time to pick a Player of the Week.
- Ian Cline (Greenbrier East) – A week after producing the third highest rushing output in program history, sophomore running back Ian Cline rewrote the record book, rushing 30 times for 357 yards and five touchdowns, breaking Zayvion Lawson’s mark of 346 that was set against Musselman in 2015.
- Cyrus Goodson (Independence) – Goodson continued his quietly solid campaign with two catches for 84 yards and two touchdowns in a win over Nicholas County. On defense he also intercepted a pass.
- Ryker Brown (Bluefield) – Brown showcased his arm in a win over Oak Hill Friday, completing 14 passes for 291 yards and four touchdowns as the Beavers pushed their winning streak to three games.
- Caleb Whittaker (Shady Spring) – Whittaker ran the ball 21 times for 158 yards and a touchdown as Shady Spring picked up a massive win over Class AAA Ripley that keeps their playoff hopes alive.
- Logan Dodrill (Liberty) – If there was a way to score, Logan Dodrill did it. Dodrill scored three times on the ground, one time through the air and another on a punt return for five total touchdowns as Liberty defeated James Monroe 46-12.
- Peyton Greer (PikeView) – Greer completed 10 passes for 178 yards and four touchdowns to help PikeView to a 28-12 win over Wyoming East. He also ran the ball 12 times for 42 yards.
- Ty Nickell (Greenbrier West) – Nickell was stellar again Friday as he ran the ball 18 times for 267 yards and four scores in three quarters. The junior running back’s big night helped No. 14 Greenbrier West stay in the playoff hunt with a huge win at No. 11 Sherman.
- Josh Dickerson (Midland Trail) – Dickerson completed six passes for 145 yards and two touchdowns against Summers County on Monday in a win and helped the Patriots to their second victory of the week at Richwood on Friday.
Cast your vote now!
The fan vote will only be used in the event of a tie.