With all of the Week 2 action wrapped up it’s time to pick a Player of the Week.
- Brodee Rice (Princeton) – The Princeton junior was all over the place Friday night against Bluefield. Rice ran the ball 10 times for 110 yards, intercepted a pass in the redzone and returned a fumble 22 yards for a touchdown.
- Ty Nickell (Greenbrier West) – A converted offensive lineman, Nickell ran the ball 14 times for 121 yards, ripping off a 75-yard touchdown run that gave West the lead for good.
- Kaleb Clark (Nicholas County) – For the second straight week, Clark was spectacular, running the ball 34 times for 178 yards and three touchdowns. He also caught two passes for 24 yards and another score.
- Leonard Farrow (Oak Hill) – Farrow will retain his title as the area’s leading rusher as he carried the ball 11 times for 183 yards and four touchdowns in a 54-6 victory over Westside
- Ian Cline (Greenbrier East) – Cline was a menace on the ground, toting the ball 39 times for 134 yards and a touchdown as East defeated Beckley 28-14.
- Ayden Simms (Midland Trail) – Ayden Simms did it all for the Patriots in their 34-20 win over Tolsia. He ran the ball once for a 28-yard touchdown, caught two passes for 85 yards and two touchdowns and intercepted two passes.
Vote below for the Player of the Week
The fan vote will be used in the event of a tiebreaker.