The Lootpress Player of the Week Award, sponsored by Bodyworks and The Law Offices of Brandon Steele, has returned for the boys and girls basketball season.
Below are the candidates for the 10th week of the boys basketball season. Voting will close Monday at midnight. The fan vote will be used in the event of a tie.
In order for a player to be eligible or nominated, the stat keeper or coach must report all scores throughout the week, win or lose. Scores can be reported to Tylerjackson@lootpress.com and Rustyudy@lootpress.com. Doing so is simple. All you need to do is take a picture of the official scorebook for both teams and send it to us.
- Colby Pishner, Nicholas County – Pishner helped the Grizzlies continue their winning ways with a 2-1 week. He averaged 30.3 point per game this past week.
- Shad Sauvage, James Monroe – Sauvage averaged 19.3 points per game last week, helping James Monroe to a 3-0 record. He added another signature moment in a season full of them, hitting the game-winning 3-pointer against Westside.
- Braden Chapman, Shady Spring – Chapman helped Shady run the gauntlet this past week, averaging 19.3 points per game as the Tigers finished 3-0. He scored 15 points and grabbed 14 rebounds against Greater Beckley on Monday, scored 14 against Greenbrier East and poured in 29 against Parkersburg.
- Jacob Perdue, Oak Hill – Perdue averaged 19 points a game as the Red Devils came away with a victory over Independence.
- Caleb Fuller, Bluefield – Bluefield’s difficult slate continued this past week and Fuller was up to the challenge. Against Beckley he poured in 28 points on 12 of 18 shooting and he added 13 against Princeton. The Beavers finished the week 3-0.
- Brayden McClung, Greenbrier West – The Greenbrier West rookie was hot this week, averaging 23 points per game as the Cavaliers finished 2-0 with wins over East Hardy and Class AA No.4 Williamstown.
Cast Your Vote!
2021-22 Player of the Week Winners
Week 1: Eli Allen, James Monroe
Week 2: Maddex McMillen, Beckley
Week 3: Chase McClung, Greenbrier West
Week 4: Kaden Smallwood, Greater Beckley
Week 5: Evan Colucci, Westside
Week 6: Tanner Whitten, Wyoming East
Week 7: Sam Boothe, Mercer Christian
Week 8: Landyn Wolfe, Beckley
Week 9: Kris Joyce, Princeton