The Lootpress Player of the Week Award sponsored by Mid-State Ford, Bodyworks and The Law Offices of Brandon Steele, has returned for the second year.
Below are the candidates for the sixth week of the prep football season. Voting will close Monday at 11:59 P.M. The fan vote will be used in the event of a tie. There are also changes to the Player of the Week voting pertaining to the top overall vote getter that you can read about here.
In order for a player to be eligible or nominated, the stat keeper or coach must report all scores and statistics. Scores can be reported to Tylerjackson@lootpress.com and Rustyudy@lootpress.com.
Here are your candidates
- Dale Bledsoe, Westside – Bledsoe exploded on the ground Friday, turning 22 carries into 274 yards and four rushing touchdowns while also hauling in a 40-yard pass as Westside picked up a 38-22 win over Liberty to spoil the Raiders’ homecoming.
- Judah Price, Independence – Price proved that he can sustain his production against some of the best competition the state has to offer. In yet another game that was cut short for the Patriots, Price turned 31 carries into 209 yards and five more touchdowns while also converting on a pair of two-point attempts as the Patriots defeated Bluefield 44-16 Friday in Coal City.
- Noah Dotson, Greenbrier East – Dotson was a perfect 5-of-5 on PATs Friday night but more notably he broke the school record for longest field goal made with a 44-yarder in the first quarter of East’s 44-6 win over Hampshire.
- Jackson Danielson, Wyoming East – Danielson exploded in Wyoming East’s first win of the season, turning 21 carries into 214 yards and five touchdowns while also completing 7 of his 10 passes for 71 yards. The end result was a 45-6 win over River View.
- Tylai Kimble, Beckley – Kimble ran for 102 yards, scored three touchdowns and recovered an onside kick as Beckley secured a 42-7 win over Preston on homecoming.
- Ty Nickell, Greenbrier West – West finally gave up a touchdown or two this week but Nickell made that moot as he scored five of his own in the Cavaliers’ 41-12 victory over Class AA Shady Spring.
- Kaleb Clark, Nicholas County – Clark carried the ball 30 times for 242 yards, scoring two touchdowns in the Grizzlies’ 37-0 win over Midland Trail.
Cast your vote below!
2022 Player of the Week Winners
2022 Community Choice Winners
Week 1: Cooper Ridgeway, James Monroe
Week 2: Layton Dowdy, James Monroe
Week 3: Khamrin Proffitt, Princeton
Week 4: Drake Cole, Summers County
Week 5: Jalon Bailey, Shady Spring
Email: email@example.com and follow on Twitter @tjack94