RALEIGH COUNTY, WV (LOOTPRESS) – A Raleigh County firefighter has been indicted on nearly 400 charges stemming from sex crimes.
A Raleigh County Grand Jury indicted William Pettry, 35, of Naoma, WV, on multiple sex crime charges. West Virginia State Police arrested Pettry back in July 2022.
The Grand Jury returned the following indictments on Pettry:
- 1 counts of first-degree sexual assault
- 2 counts of first-degree sexual abuse
- 5 counts of sexual abuse by a parent
- 7 counts of soliciting a minor
- 3 counts of use in minor in the production of child porn
- 6 counts of use of obscene matter to seduce a minor
- 184 counts of distribution or exhibition of sexually explicit material involving minors
- 184 counts of display of obscene matter to a minor
Back in March, 35-year-old firefighter William Pettry responded to a fatal car crash that killed both his wife and 3-year-old daughter in Raleigh County. Following the tragic accident, the community rallied around Pettry and supported him both emotionally and financially as one GoFundMe raised over $16,000 for Pettry.
Pettry is currently at Southern Regional Jail on a $250,000 bond.
Pettry is due in court on Wednesday, October 4, 2023, at 9 a.m., with Judge Andrew Dimlich, on the charges by the Grand Jury.
The community was stunned to learn that a Raleigh County firefighter was indicted.