CHARLESTON, WV (LOOTPRESS) – West Virginia GOP Chairwoman Melody Potter has resigned from her position effective immediately.
Potter wrote in a letter that the time has come to focus her attention on her family.
Some of the accomplishments made under Potter’s leadership include:
- Pass Amendment One (no taxpayer-funded abortions, with four exceptions)
- Electing two conservative West Virginia Supreme Court Justices
- Over 69% of voters voted for President Trump in all 55 counties.
- Reelected four incumbent Republican members of Congress
- Reelected Republican Governor Jim Justice
- Super majorities in the state senate and house.
Roman Stauffer tweeter that he will be Acting Chairman for the WV GOP until the State Committee selects a new Chairman.
Sources that spoke on the condition of anonymity tell Lootpress that within the republican party indicate former Delegate Chris Stansbury could be selected to fill the role of Executive Director.